Along with our usual DPD, exec and committee reports, we’ll cover:
- Hickory St./Emerson Academy traffic issues: the latest updates
- Wayne Avenue: the City’s plans and HSPI’s requests for safety
- Preservation Dayton: latest advocacy work on behalf of historic neighborhoods
- Review/approve the proposed HSPI 2023 calendar of events
- Enjoy casual discussion at our Mini-Social after we adjourn.
See you there. And don’t forget we need your 2023 membership dues!
Our last meeting of the summer takes place in the patio at Branch & Bone. Please make time for this meeting so you can catch up on all the issues HSPI tackles on behalf of our neighbors.
Review Emerson’s plan to move cars off Hickory Street during pickup/dropoff times. Guests include Jeff Chamberlain, Dir of Real Estate for National Heritage Academies; Ariane Johnson, Principal of Emerson Academy; City of Dayton staff members.
7pm at Hope Lutheran Church. Our guest speaker, John McManus, Montgomery County Treasurer, will discuss how to acquire abandoned, vacant buildings.