- How can we find new owners for the abandoned/vacant/blighted homes in South Park? If you’re weary of watching historic family homes deteriorate and want to do something about it, come hear John McManus, Montgomery County Treasurer, present a case study on property tax foreclosures and explain how you can use this step-by-step process to acquire a vacant/abandoned property and make it livable once again.
- Learn what citizens are doing about the growing number of deteriorating vacant structures in their neighborhoods via a proposed Property Ordinance that takes the burden off taxpayers, puts it on the owner and prevents future vacancies. Get the details so you can support the City’s adoption of the ordinance, written and proposed by Preservation Dayton, Inc.
- Review a plan for sidewalk art by the Gazebo submitted by The Mosaic Institute
- Wayne Avenue Safety update
- Police report, President’s report, Treasurer’s report, Committee reports
- Approve the April meeting minutes
- After we adjourn: mingle and discuss issues at our mini-social
Our last meeting of the summer takes place in the patio at Branch & Bone. Please make time for this meeting so you can catch up on all the issues HSPI tackles on behalf of our neighbors.
Review Emerson’s plan to move cars off Hickory Street during pickup/dropoff times. Guests include Jeff Chamberlain, Dir of Real Estate for National Heritage Academies; Ariane Johnson, Principal of Emerson Academy; City of Dayton staff members.
7pm at Hope Lutheran Church. Our guest speaker, Beth Miller of Wagtown, will advise us on how to handle encounters with loose dogs.