How to audition:
- To learn a bit about the show and its characters before auditions, go to Wikipedia.
- Come to Hope Lutheran Church at 500 Hickory Street (at Perrine) – enter from the parking lot.
- Tuesday June 13 or Wednesday, June 14 at 6:30 p.m.
- You will be asked to read roles opposite other actors in various script excerpts. Tell us which role(s) you are interested or not interested in playing.
- Rehearsals begin the week of June 26th.
- There are three performances at 8 p.m. in South Park Green (Hickory Street at James). August 18-19-20. If it rains, we’ll move to Hope.
- If you have questions, contact Jene Shaw [email protected].
You may wonder, “Why should I try acting?”
Besides the applause?
Many people like acting because they enjoy storytelling and taking part in creative performances.
It’s a chance to portray interesting characters and work in unconventional environments.
People benefit from an understanding of emotions and motivation that acting can provide.
Perhaps most importantly, you’ll have fun and meet new people. Neighbors and friends become members of the SiSP troupe for a most memorable experience.
In its 14th Season Shakespeare in South Park presents A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare
Dust off your Riverside Shakespeare, and refresh your imagination with one of the best-loved works of the world’s greatest playwright.
Or if you’re new to all things Shakespeare, give it a read. This play is hugely entertaining and fun. It has:
- plot twists
- love obstacles
- mistaken identity
- a happy ending
All the elements of a play you’d enjoy being involved in.
Shakespeare in South Park prides itself on being a company where
“all the drama is on stage.”
You’ll be happy to know that throughout our 14 seasons, SiSP has stayed free from the petty rivalries you hear about in theater.
No one will dampen your spirits with their rude behavior as they try to claw their way up the acting ladder to launch a Broadway career!
We’re here to have fun, and create a little bit of summer-night magic for appreciative audiences.
What parties and events will 2024 bring, to keep South Park social? That’s up to you. We’ve got many opportunities for you to apply your talents to make the neighborhood a joyful place!
A Halloween weenie roast, a euchre tourney, Christmas cocktails, a cookie exchange with Santa, and a chili cook-off. We’re keeping things lively as the weather cools down.
Shakespeare in South Park’s 14th production, staged outdoors in South Park Green, August 18,19,20 at 8pm. It’s free! Bring a chair. (donations appeciated)